In the direct sales industry, January is typically one of the slower months for sales and recruiting — due to the holidays, end of year, etc. A lot of direct sellers are so busy with their holiday sales, events and parties that they forget to make sure they begin the new year with a full calendar! Here are some great tips that I follow to make sure my January is one of my best months of the year!
- Offer “after holiday” or “after party” bucks for shopping
- Connect your product with New Year’s Resolutions
- Offer themed parties – Spa Night, Pajama Party,
- Host your own event – have a VIP hostess event, “time for YOU” after holiday party, new product sneak peek, etc
- Get on the phone & follow-up with all your last minute holiday shoppers
- Use catalog parties & take out parties for those you aren’t able to get on your calendar
I make it a personal goal each year to ensure that January is one of my best months of the year! Creating a January game plan & holding yourself accountable to the goals you have set is the key to starting your New Year off rockin’!