So you have made the first step on this amazing journey & have placed yourself on the Origami Owl® wait list – congratulations!
Now you are wondering —What is my next step?
Here are some great activities you can start on while you are waiting to get your wings:
- Ask your mentor for a Take Out Menu to have handy.
- Buy a locket & start wearing it immediately. You are your best publicity!
- Set aside the funds for your kit. Currently the kit available is $149 plus tax on the retail amount & a shipping fee.
- You may want to create an email and/or phone line solely for your new business. Please ensure your new email is in compliance with the Origami Owl® Policies & Procedures.
- Complete your Whooo Do You Know list (or FRANKS list) with friends, relatives, acquaintances, neighbors, kids contacts, spouse contacts. These are all people you will want to introduce to your new business. Aim for 100!
- Pencil in a few dates for your launch party as your number gets closer.
- Make sure you have some basic office supplies on hand. I suggest folders, envelopes, blank labels and sharpies to start.
- Open a checking account for your business. You will want to keep personal and business finances separate.
- Help those who are interested in the business opportunity add themselves to the wait list using your wait list code to join your team.
- Become familiar with the Policies & Procedures manual. Ask your mentor for the latest revision.
- Learn about the product you will be selling. The Points of Difference document explains the materials in the jewelry as well as details on each piece. Be prepared to start answering questions to prospective customers & always ask your mentor if you are unsure.
- Shadow a party either with your mentor or a designer local to you. This will help you prepare for your first party. Take a notebook so you can take notes & jot down any questions to ask the designer after the Jewelry Bar®.
- Start collecting items for your display. There are many ways to set up a Jewelry Bar®, just remember to keep it simple and let the focus remain on the product.
Your mentor is always your best resource for information. Keep in touch with them often so you are always up-to-date on the latest news from the Nest!